The below project is a final round submission of The Code Gladitors competition held by Axa Insurance , which was won by Alpha Alloy. (participated by Niranjan T, Hari Santhosh V, Visweshwar S)
1. To bring down manual intervention - using automation.
2. Give proper analytics to give the right picture of transportation as a whole.
3. Ensure safe boarding/de-boarding of employees.
4. Set safety parameters for travelers including drivers.
5. Create proper routing and avoid delays by cab drivers.
6. Avoid communication gap between management, drivers and the employees.
7. Transparent paperless billing process.
8. Fast and automated reconciliation of bills.
9. Easy to access, planned cab booking process.
10. Car pooling facility so that we can drive a culture to reduce carbon footprints.
Some of the considerations from company’s end:
1. Efficient cab-utilization to cut down costs.
2. Lessen the carbon footprint.
3. More safety for their employee travellers.
A cross platform,three part application:
1. User Facing - The one employees use to book their cabs. Will be having one time
verification using OTP, and will sync their professional mail id along with their drop
2. Admin Facing - A dashboard used to monitor all the fleet happenings inside the
premises. The transport security authority can check for the availability of the cabs
and also view all the roster details and cab pooling options
3. Driver Facing - A real time navigation app which suggests effective rerouting and
also suggests shortest routes enroute to all the destinations
1. For security and safety purposes, an NFC reader will be attached in all the cabs,
employees boarding and deboarding the vehicle will be auto-tracked , in case the
users don’t have the mobile app, they have to swipe their Id card in NFC reader,
before boarding and after deboarding. All these events will be proactively monitored
in the Admin Facing Dashboard which gives real-time insights of the journey.
2. Users can request for instant cabs for special or emergency circumstances, and
given their nature of request will be handled separately.
3. When a user requests for cab with a destination, the available roster which is stored
in the database is queried to find a match with the same end point or an enroute
location, and the cab will be displayed along with the driver and co-passenger details.
The user can then confirm his booking in the available timeslot.
4. In case the user has exceeded the given time slot, his request will be automatically
be initiated in the next cab which is available to depart to/enroute the given location
in the next timeslot awaiting for pooling. This reduces the hassle which user faces to
rebook the same request in another timeslot
5. In case of vehicle breakdown amidst the journey, alternate contingency cab will be
immediately arranged from third party vendors (like ola and uber) from the nearest
location of breakdown, to immediately assist the users. GPS from the driver’s vehicle
is used for this.
6. Proper analytics will be provided in the admin dashboard. Cabs gone on duty, their
total distance covered, number of employees travelling, total round trip time taken,
available pooling options, and amount of resources spent per day/week/month are
7. Effectively spent resources are tracked and net payment is completed either on a
third party payment gateway or is reduced directly from the user’s salary.
8. If all cabs are engaged, third party vendor’s (ola/uber) cabs are booked directly
9. Users can also plan their cab bookings in advance. One can book a particular
timeslot to required destination, and once allocated for a particular timeslot, the
particular cab will be prepopulated with the user blocked seat.
10. Users can create ride groups where he can add colleagues, who are expected to
travel via the same route and same vehicle, individual users can send ride requests
to their peers to accompany them, upon acceptance, the ride will be allocated. Group
creation privilege can be granted and revoked from the Admin dashboard.
11. Vehicle tracking and monitoring is done with mobile’s front and rear cameras from
driver’s app to track events occurring during commute period. Also, to ensure safety
of driver/commuter, an SOS button is provided for both.
12. Driver delay is calculated and is sent to the admin dashboard if he has exceeded the
time slot, further action is taken manually.
To Learn more about the Architecture and the approach used, feel free to refer the attached Design Document.